Photo courtesy of Getty Images
2013 Mock Draft
They call these mock drafts because anyone who does one should be mocked. So here you go. Geno Smith will go in Round 1, but I haven’t projected him. There will be a bunch of trades tonight, so this will be out the window in about 30 seconds.
1. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan. Flip a coin between he and Joeckel. Hearing Chiefs assistants have taken a shine to Eric.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M. Dion Jordan is an option here, but can’t pass on Luke.
3. Oakland Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT Florida. Good pick, bad team. They’ll also have the first pick in 2014.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Dion Jordan, OLB Oregon. Played for Chip Kelly in college. Would love to see them take Tavon Austin.
5. Detroit Lions: Ziggy Ansah, DE/OLB BYU. Lane Johnson a real possibility here.
6. Cleveland Browns: Dee Milliner, CB Alabama. Browns are going to trade back. And I think Lane Johnson goes to SD here. Milliner paired with Joe Hayden is a nice tandem for Browns.
7. Arizona Cardinals: Chance Warmack, G Alabama. First guard taken in the top ten since 1997.
8. Buffalo Bills: Tavon Auston, WR West Virginia. Hate to see him go here, but the most exciting player in the draft.
9. NY Jets: Barkevious Mingo, OLB LSU. This will be the Steelers pick if he happens to drop. He won’t.
10. Tennessee Titans: Jonathan Cooper, G North Carolina. And the second guard in the top 10.
11. San Diego Chargers: Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma. No chance he lasts until 11 now. Hottest name on the board. I think SD trades up to get him. If someone else doesn’t do it first. May be the best of the three OTs.
12. Miami Dolphins: DJ Fluker, OT Alabama. Screaming up draft boards. Big help for Ryan Tannehill.
13. New York Jets (from Tampa Bay): Tyler Eifert. Another guy that people have fallen in love with. Now just find the QB to get him the ball.
14. Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri. Rock star athlete.
15. New Orleans Saints: Star Lotulelei, DT Utah. He was Mel Kiper’s projected number one pick the day after the draft last year.
16. St. Louis Rams: Kenny Vaccaro, S Texas. This makes the Steelers pick a lot easier. I put Steelers wish list as Mingo and then coin flip between Jarvis Jones & Vaccaro.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia. Production vs Measurables. Steelers love him. A huge pick for Kevin Colbert. Needs to hit on this one.
18. Dallas Cowboys: Sylvester Williams, DT North Carolina. Jerry Jones won’t be happy that Vaccaro is off the board, but this is a solid pick.
19. New York Giants: Justin Pugh, OT Syracuse. Straight off Mike Mayock’s mock. I don’t know anything about Pugh. I’m assuming Mayock and the Giants do.
20. Chicago Bears: Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia. Bears hope he becomes the next Brian Urlacher.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Jonathan Cyprien, S Florida International. Bengals went corner in last year’s first round, this year they go DB again. Another kid who may rise up the board tonight and be gone by this pick.
22. St. Louis Rams: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee. Sam Bradford needs weapons. Patterson is one of the biggest wild cards in the draft. The Rams role the dice.
23. Minnesota Vikings: DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson. A couple of the WRs are going to fall and there is very little consensus on who goes where. Hopkins is #2 for me behind Austin. I actually think the Vikes may move up. Steelers at 17?
24. Indianapolis Colts: Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida State. Big. Press. Corner. What’s not to like.
25. Minnesota Vikings: Manti Te’o, LB Notre Dame. I would take Arthur Brown. Hearing Vikings love Te’o.
26. Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy, RB Alabama. If he doesn’t go here he falls into the second round. The Packers have a need. He fits.
27. Houston Texans: Keenan Allen, WR California. Early on, was seen as top wideout in the draft. Not explosive, but paired with Andre Johnson will excel.
28. Denver Broncos: Tank Carradine, DE Florida State. Another guy with mixed reviews because of torn ACL. Better than his teammate Bjoern Werner.
29. New England Patriots: D.J. Hayden, CB Houston. The Pats would like to go WR here but can’t pass on a guy who may be the best CB in the draft.
30. Atlanta Falcons: Desmond Trufant, CB Washington. Wanted Hayden. May ultimately trade up for Eifert. Lots of options.
31. San Francisco 49ers: Jesse Williams, DT Alabama. Poached this pick from Greg Cosell. Not projected to go this high, but a good fit for SF.
32. Baltimore Ravens: Arthur Brown, LB Kansas St. Two year captain at KSU, takesover for Ray Lewis. May end up being the steal of the round.
Steelers wish list: WR second round Robert Woods, USC. RB in round three Jonathan Franklin, UCLA. If they get an extra pick between 70-100 I’d love to see them take Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina.