FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 20, 2013
Steelers Announce Sunday’s Game Activities
PITTSBURGH – The Pittsburgh Steelers will celebrate the team’s annual Alumni Weekend this upcoming weekend. The players have a full weekend of activities planned, including the Taste of the Steelers on Saturday evening at Heinz Field. Those attending the Steelers vs. Bears game on Sunday night will be recognized in an on-field ceremony during halftime. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. and all gates will open at 6:30 p.m.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive to the North Shore after 6 p.m. for the team’s matchup against the Chicago Bears on Sunday Night Football. Fans will not be permitted into their pre-sold lots until this time, unless they purchase parking for the Pittsburgh Pirates game earlier in the day. To allow free-flowing traffic patterns between the Pirates and Steelers games, ramps and inbound traffic patterns will be closed until 6 p.m. around both stadiums on the North Shore campus. For complete traffic and parking information, visit www.steelers.com.
If fans do arrive early, they are encouraged to stop by Stage AE prior to entering the stadium to participate in the Official Tailgate Zone of the Pittsburgh Steelers as many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 12:30 p.m. WDVE and the Steelers Radio Network will also be live at Stage AE for their pre-game shows.
Beginning in 2013, all NFL teams have implemented a new safety policy at stadiums that will make the security process more efficient and effective. The policy affects the type and size of bags that are permitted into the stadium, not the items that fans normally need to bring to a game.
Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
· Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through steelers.com, at all Steelers Sideline Stores and at nflshop.com), or
· One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
· Logo on bag cannot exceed 4.5” tall by 3.4” wide.
· Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5” x 6.5” with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
· An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at each gate.
· Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
· Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
· The PA Army National Guard will distribute clear bags to all fans who enter the nearby parking lots.
The Steelers are participating all season in the “Let’s Tackle Recycling” campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA) and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The “Let’s Tackle Recycling” campaign is sponsored by the SEA in partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field, Waste Management, Three Rivers Power Sweep and Alco Parking.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Sunday’s game:
· There will be a Zambelli Fireworks display during player introductions and after the National Anthem.
· The Pittsburgh Steeline Drum Line will perform pre-game on the field and throughout the stadium, and will continue throughout the stadium during the game.
· WPXI-TV will host their pre and post-game shows in the FedEx Great Hall.
· During the 2013 football season, Steelers alum Josh Miller will travel across America in the visiting team’s city and talk football with Steelers fans, which will be played live on the scoreboard prior to kickoff.